Tandoor Dish Recipes And Other Info
Tandoors are generally known for baking unleavened breads like naan and rotis but now that it is gathering its share of fame people have now come to know that there are a lot of things that a person can do using a tandoor. Today in this blog we are going to make you familiar with some of the rare known tandoor dishes that you can try in a tandoor and keep your guests or family members in awe of the meal you serve. We are going to start off with a very simple yet appealing recipe.
Recipe for tandoori vegetables
- The first step is to collect all the ingredients needed in making the dish, for this recipe you can take any vegetable of your choice, which suits your taste buds the best. We, for instance, are using cauliflower, green capsicum, yellow and red capsicum, an onion, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, okra (bhindi), baby potatoes.
- Cut all these vegetables into big pieces, do not finely chop them but into big chunks, also use the baby potatoes after boiling them, do not peel neither the potatoes nor sweet potatoes.
- After the cutting process, keep them aside.
- The next step will be to prepare the marinade, for which we will be needing, coriander seeds, curd, ginger garlic paste, chaat masala, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, roasted gram flour, mustard oil.
- Roast the coriander seeds, meanwhile take a bowl and add all of these ingredients mentioned above in it. Make sure that you crush coriander seeds before you put it in the mixture.
- Mix it all very well.
- After you mix the paste, add the vegetables, salt and mix it all nicely.
- Let the whole marinade rest for about half an hour so that the paste is properly stick to the vegetables.
- Once you are done with all of this, start to insert the vegetables inside the skewers, you can do that alternatingly or in any way you like.
- Preheat your tandoor and place the skewers on the tray and put them inside for 20 to 30 minutes at 200 degrees.
- When the vegetables are done, place them on a plate, garnish them and it will be ready to be served.
Recipe for chicken tikka
- Collect the following ingredients: 6 cloves of garlic, two tsp of ginger, 4 tsp of turmeric, 2 tsp of garam masala, 2 tsp of coriander, 2 tsp of cumin and 2 to 4 tsp of paprika, yogurt and chicken, you can use chilly if you want.
- Except for chicken, put all of the ingredients mentioned above in a bowl and mix it all well.
- Now put in the chopped pieces of chicken into the marinade you have prepared and mix it all really well.
- After all this, cover it up with a sheet and keep it inside the fridge and let it marinade overnight.
- When done, insert the marinated chicken inside a skewer.
- And start placing it inside the tandoor.
- In about six minutes your chicken will be all ready and perfect to be served.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take chicken to cook in a tandoor?
It takes about 5 to 6 minutes for chicken to be cooked in a tandoor.
- How to check the temperature of a tandoor?
By a lantelme
- How is a tandoor beneficial for health?
You don’t have to use oil or can use very less oil when you cook food in a tandoor, also it retains all the nutrients and minerals of the food.