Which Coal Is Best For Tandoor?
It is always very appealing to talk and hear about tandoors and we all are also very well aware that tandoors work with the help of a fuel and which fuel is best for it? Coal. Here in this blog we are going to talk about what coal is, which one is the best to use and why it is best and how to use it to kindle a tandoor.
First up topic that we have to discuss;
What is coal?
In simpler terms and as science states it, coal is a combustible sedimentary rock that carries 50% by weight and more than 70% by volume of carbonaceous material and is made of wood. It can be used as a fuel which helps us in kindling material, for instance, a tandoor. So we can also call it coal tandoor.
Now that we know what coal is, it is better to know which one is the best in the market.
There are plenty of different types of coal you get in the market which might perplex a person on which one he should be relying on. Below we will give you some points that you should search for in a coal before you go on buying one for yourself.
Signs of a good coal
It is recommended to know each and every thing about the product you are going to put your money into. Coal test is needed so that it doesn’t affect your production or your business in any way.
- A good charcoal will release natural chemicals and leave the lump dry with no moisture in it.
- A good charcoal when burned will leave a wonderful aroma around you and in the food cooked too. That is the reason we love the smell of the food cooked in a tandoor.
- It leaves a very low amount of ash and is not hazardous for your respiratory glands.
- A good coal will always be responsive to oxygen which will make it easier for you to control the temperature of the grill.
- It won’t contain addictive or fluids that are light. A good charcoal will always be organic.
- Coals light up faster than any other type of fuel.
These are all the advantages you receive using a good coal, so it is better to keep your eyes wide open and also know details about a product before you go on buying a new product that you don’t have any experience with. And we do hope that these reasons will surely help you in buying the best for you.
How to kindle coal?
- First of all collect all the products that you will need during the process, a lump of coal, lighter and a paper.
- Throw all of these things in the vents given in your tandoor.
- And light the things, wait for a few minutes.
- It will take about 20 minutes for the coal to light up completely.
- You can now start continuing with your work.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you light a coal fast?
By using cooking oil and a paper towel you can pace up your firing game.
- Why is your charcoal not kindling?
This might happen because your coal is damp. You need to buy another and a good one with all the properties listed above.
- Which type of coal gives maximum heat?
Anthracite is the type of coal which is known to be giving the most heat.
- How much time does it take for coal to kindle?
It takes about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Why does your coal turn off really quickly?
Make sure that you place the equipment away from the area of wind.