How To Make Naan In A Tandoor?
Tandoori naans and tandoori rotis are one of the most famous and special things made in a tandoor. In fact tandoors started to have its fame because of tandoori rotis and naans only. Naans are everyone’s favorite. But until and unless it is not cooked properly and evenly from all sides and is crispy from all sides it is no fun to it. This blog will teach you;
- Steps to make naan in tandoor oven,
- Steps to make naan in an electric tandoor,
- And last but not the least answers to frequently asked questions.
But before we jump onto learning to prepare naan, let us learn the steps to prepare its dough.
- First take two cups of maida in a bowl, and add 1 tsp of sugar in it, 1 tsp of baking powder in it, 1/4th tsp baking soda, salt to taste, 1/4th cup of curd and 2sp of oil.
- Mix all these well and start adding lukewarm water to it and knead for about 10 minutes and make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 2 hours.
- Your dough is now prepared. If you want to add some ingredients to the dough like coriander or sesame seeds to it.
Steps to make naan in a tandoor
- Take a ball size of dough out of the big dough and start rolling it evenly from all sides.
- Make sure to keep the thickness a little thick.
- Spill 2 tsp of water on one side of the roti.
- But before doing any of this kindle your naan tandoor so that it is at the perfect temperature when required to be used.
- When you are done rolling two to three rotis, pick naans and keep it over naan cushions and start sticking it inside the tandoor.
- It is important for you to spill some water on the naan so that it sticks to the walls of tandoor so make sure you stick that side of the roti that has water on it.
- It won’t take long. In about 1 to 2 minutes your naans will be baked evenly from both sides, make sure that you keep an eye on the tandoor so that the naans are not burned.
- With the help of two skewers you can easily carry the naan out of the tandoor and place it and serve it to your customers.
Steps to make naan in an electric oven
- The preparation of dough will be the same as told above.
- It is recommended to heat the device prior to when you put those rotis inside it.
- Place an aluminum sheet on the detachable tray of the tandoor and put the rolled naans on it.
- You can place two naans at the same time on the tray.
- Similarly, it won’t take long, naans will be properly baked and ready to be served in about one to two minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is a tandoor in a cylindrical shape?
A tandoor is designed in the shape of a cylinder so that at high temperatures heat doesn’t come out and stays inside it, making it easy for the user to use.
- Which fuel is best to kindle a tandoor?
Charcoal and firewood are considered to be the best fuels to light up a tandoor.
- Which clay is used to make a tandoor?
Red clay, yellow clay, and black clay are mainly used in a tandoor though it also depends on the regions a tandoor is being made.
- Are tandoors portable?
Yes, tandoors are portable.
- Which type of tandoor ovens are the best?
Charcoal tandoor ovens are the best types of ovens one can have.